Thank you for browsing the website of the Hungarian Institute for Forensic Sciences (HIFS)!
On January 1st 2017 the former HIFS was merged with the Network of Forensic Sciences Institutes under the Ministry of Interior. In this new organization more than 700 employees are working in order to help criminal and civil procedures based on the latest scientific forensic expert knowledge.
- We believe in an organized, professional work environment with clear and well-established profiles in forensic expertise.
- We focus on quality and competence in all aspects of our work. At the core, the competent teamwork is building up a mechanism that is steering the organisation as efficiently as possible.
- We greatly benefit from the membership of the European Network of Forensic Science Institutes, the organisation that connects the forensic experts of Europe. Cross border teamwork is a great way to improve high-quality expert results to support the criminal procedure.
- We have a strong commitment for the European Forensic Science Area 2020 conclusion, and the vision of the European Forensic Science Area 2030, which aims to improve forensic technologies and methodologies with common standards in the European Union.
Our General Director
PhD program in progress - the title of his research is "Examination of extreme minutiae relations in friction ridge"
- 2021- HIFS general director
- 2014-2021 HIFS deputy general director
- 2012-2014 head of HIFS Department of Dactyloscopy
- 2012- fingerprint expert
- 2004-2007 HIFS Eurodac admin
- 2002-2007 HIFS AFIS admin
- 1996-2002 fingerprint technician
Our Organisers of international relations
Should you have any questions or need further information about HIFS, please, do not hesitate to contact us.
The organisers of our international relations are at your disposal to give response:
- Jázmin Balogh >>
- Mónika Papp >>
Our official data
Official designation: Hungarian Institute for Forensic Sciences (HIFS)
Address: 9 Mosonyi street Budapest H-1087 Hungary