The main duty of the Department of Forensic Tax and Auditing is to fulfill official assignments in cases where the relevant law allows or obliges the conduct of forensic procedure (e.g. in civil, criminal and/or administrative legal procedures).
The main areas are the following:
- examinations in offences against economy and property
- examinations in legal relationship of business entities (including budgetary organisations) and private persons, in matters such as business or financial settlements, business conduct, appraisal of previous damage calculations, and methods
- expert opinions in questions related to accounting and bookkeeping, their relations to IT systems and application to computerized registry programs
- verification of summation ascertainments in legal disputes between employer and employee
- examinations related to taxes, levies, subsidies, and benefits
- examinations related to management of budgetary institutions
The predecessor of the Department was founded in 1965.
More than 50 years of professional practice and experience guarantees that experts of the Institute as well as technicians and office clerks render their services to various assigners on a high professional level.
Head of the Department of Forensic Tax and Auditing
Gabriella Staub forensic accounting expert
Contact for international relations